Blog Archives

SharePoint 2013: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority

I did a recent build of SharePoint 2013 on WIndows Server 2012 R2. This environment was an upgrade from SharePoint 2010 via database attach. After the upgrade a web part consuming an business data (DBC) external content type which referenced

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in sharepoint

SharePoint Twitter Webpart now on codeplex

OK this is a bit of shameless cross promotion to my company however the solution is very cool. John DeGiglio recently wrote a 2 part series on developing a web part for displaying a twitter feed in SharePoint 2010. The

Posted in sharepoint, Sharepoint 2010, Web Parts

SharePoint Search results not visible for users

Hi Everyone it’s been a long time between posts. A while ago I moved to Synergy Corporate Technologies where I have been blogging on the company website. So what I will do is cross post links to the articles I’m

Posted in permissions, Search, security, sharepoint, Sharepoint 2010

SharePoint Search Configuration Gotcha

So after beating my head against the wall for half a day yesterday trying to work out what I had done wrong I finally worked it out. When configuring the windows services search or the office search service from the

Posted in sharepoint

What’s in the long awaited SharePoint Infrastructure Update?

I now also write blog articles for our company blog site. Here is my recent post on what is in the recent SharePoint infrastructure update. http://www.synergyonline.com/blog/blog-moss/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=9 Please take time to read it. Thanks,Gavin

Posted in service pack, sharepoint

Update on Sharepoint Backup problem post SP1 – OSearch DCOM

Hi All, Microsoft have just released a hotfix to search DCOM permission post SP1 problem which I wrote about previously. The hotfix can be found here. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953137

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in bug, Search, service pack, sharepoint

Sharepoint Backup problem post SP1 – OSearch DCOM

Hi All, I’ve just stumbled across a problem post MOSS 2007 SP1. After applying SP1 to an existing installation and running a full catastrophic backup it fails on the shared search index item with an error regarding UnauthorizedAccessException.¬† The environment

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in bug, Search, service pack, sharepoint